QMax Pumping Systems recently completed a pump station upgrade at SPS No.7 in Bungendore NSW for Queanbeyan Palarang Regional Council.
The existing pump station was over 20 years old and previously had multiple modifications and changes over the years.
The objective was to bring the pump station up to current operational standards, ensuring operator safety, as well as increased pump control and reliability with the new control system.
While this upgrade was happening, Queanbeyan Palarang Regional Council l also took the opportunity to install a flow meter in the rising main, this enabled accurate flow information to be registered on the SCADA network (Councils Real-time Managerial System.)
The Queanbeyan Palarang Regional Council also took this opportunity to install a work light on the pump station, to enable emergency night work to be carried out with increased safety.
QMax Scope included:
- Supply and installation of top section of the pump station with integral valve chamber.
- Supply and installation of new concrete coverslab
- Supply and installation of new Aluminium access covers.
- Supply and installation of new valves and pipework
- Supply and installation of new Pump Controller, with connection for digital radio
- Supply and installation of new pole mounted work light
- Supply and installation of new vent with activated carbon filter.